This June, Bunbury Music Festival will be taking over Cincinnati, OH! For seven years, Bunbury has recruited some of the biggest names to play the beautiful Cincinnati riverfront. Although a lot has changed in those seven years, the magic of Bunbury always remains. To make your weekend easier, I have gathered all the important information to make your festival weekend that much better. Here’s your guide to Bunbury 2018!
Bunbury Festival is a three-day music festival in Cincinnati, OH. This year, more than 40 bands are slated to perform across three stages. The name is inspired by Oscar Wilde’s “The Importance of Being Ernest”, where a “Bunbury” is an excuse to get out of something you don’t want to do. In other words, drop everything, and go to Bunbury instead.
Cincinnati, OH! More specifically, Sawyer Point and Yeatman’s Cove, right on the beautiful Ohio River.
Bunbury Music Festival will take place June 1, 2, and 3, 2018.
Festival gates open at noon on Friday and Saturday and at 1pm on Sunday.
The lineup this year is incredible! Jack White, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Young the Giant – just to name a few. Check out my post on the 28 Songs I Hope to Hear at Bunbury 2018! And check out the full lineup here!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Good music. Good beer. Good times. Need I say more? …Ok I’ll say a little more. Along with the good music and good beer, Bunbury also has dozens of delicious food vendors: BBQ, Indian food, lemonade stands, ice cream, everything you could want. They also have a number of booths for apparel brands, jewelry, posters, and more!
HOW TO GET TICKETS
Single-day passes are also available for purchase during the festival weekend in the Sawyer Point parking lot (705 E. Pete Rose Way). The festival box office is open:
Friday, June 1: 11am-10pm
Saturday, June 2: 11am-10pm
Sunday, June 3: 12pm-10pm
WHAT IT COSTS
• Single-Day Pass – $79
• Three-Day General Admission pass – $179
• Three-Day VIP Tickets: $450
• Three-Day ULTIMATE VIP Tickets: $1,399
WHAT DOES VIP GET YOU?
• Separate VIP festival entrance (less time in line means more time at the beer garden!)
• Exclusive stage-front viewing area at each main stage (make eye contact with your favorite artists)
• Lockers with charging stations – first come, first serve (charging stations = more battery life for selfies)
• Complimentary food/water (snacks on snacks on snacks)
• Private bar with discounted drink prices (we like cheap drinks and short lines!)
• Private, upgraded restroom facilities (the FANCY port-o-johns)
• Air-conditioned hospitality tent featuring DJ Etrayn spinning between main stage sets to keep the party going! (Air conditioning?! Enough said.)
• Complimentary VIP WiFi and other amenities (better wifi to post your pictures!)
Ultimate VIP includes all of the above PLUS:
• Side stage viewing access at each main stage (pending artist approval)
• 4 drink tickets per day
• Daily complimentary festival parking
WHAT TO BRING
Let’s start with the most important thing – HYDRATION! Bunbury offers free water stations, so you can bring an empty plastic bottle and camel backs to fill once you are there. You are also allowed one sealed 20-oz. bottle of water.
Check out my other posts to help with your packing!
WHERE TO STAY
There is no camping at Bunbury, so hotels and Airbnb’s are your best bet. Airbnb’s are always a great option, but I personally prefer staying in hotels for music festivals. After a long day of sweating and being in the sun, it’s so nice to come back to a room with fresh towels, and clean sheets every night.
• FEATURED HOTEL: Radisson Hotel Riverfront Cincinnati – 2.2 miles away
I will be staying right across the river, at the lovely Radisson Hotel Riverfront! I love this place because every room has a balcony, and there’s nothing I love more than waking up and having a cup of coffee on the balcony. Not to mention their stunning view of the Cincinnati skyline.
• Residence Inn by Mariott – 0.4 miles away
• ALoft (Newport KY) – 0.7 miles away
• AC Hotel by Mariott – 0.7 miles away
• Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown – 0.8 miles away
• 21C – 0.9 miles away
• The Westin Cincinnati – 0.9 miles away
• Hilton Cincinnati – 0.9 miles away
• Hampton Inn and Suites – 1.0 miles away
• Homewood Suites by Hilton – 1.0 miles away
• The Cincinnatian Hotel – 1.0 miles away
• Hyatt Regency – 1.1 miles away
• Millenium Hotel – 1.1 miles away
• Comfort Suites (Newport, KY) – 1.3 miles away
• Embassy Suites by Hilton – 1.5 miles away
This post is sponsored by Bunbury Music Festival. All opinions are my own.