Gift Ideas for the Traveler in Your Life

Christmas is right around the corner, and if you’re reading this post it probably means you have a traveler in your life you need some gift ideas for. Travelers can be particularly hard to shop before because we typically prefer experiences over posessions, but most people want SOMETHING to put under the tree! Well lucky for you, I am here. I am a traveler with lots of travelers in my life. These are all gifts I have received or given, or ones I would be happy to get. So here are some gift ideas for the traveler in your life.

Travel Journal

For the creative traveler in your life, a travel journal is a great, thoughtful gift. Whether it’s a blank Moleskin journal, or a travel journal with prompts, it is nice to have those memories documented in your own words.

Moleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Ruled, Hydrangea Blue, Hard Cover (5 X 8.25)
$17.62 $15.82
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 07:01 pm GMT
Travel Listography: Exploring the World in Lists (Trave Diary, Travel Journal, Travel Diary Journal)
$16.95 $14.25
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 09:59 pm GMT
Travel Planner Checklist
$7.95
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 10:04 pm GMT

Travel Jewelry Box

This velvet travel jewelry box is perfect for anyone who travels with jewelry. Measuring a compact 3.75″ x 3.75″, it easily fits in luggage or small bags, making it an ideal travel companion.

Luggage Tags

Everyone needs a luggage tag, may as well make it a cute one! With your contact information immediately available, airline staff or fellow travelers can quickly locate and return your lost luggage, saving you the stress of dealing with a lost bag. A luggage tag can also serve as your bag’s identification, distinguishing it from the sea of similar-looking luggage on the airport carousel. I always make sure mine are waterproof and durable.

Passport Cover

I will say, this gift is better if it is accompanied by a ticket to somewhere they’ll need their passport for. But it would also be nice paired with the luggage tags – let them know you support their travels, and help them do it in style!

Vaccination Passport Holder CDC Issued Vaccine Card Case Protector Cover RFID Travel Wallet
$7.95
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 07:37 pm GMT

Packing Cubes

If the traveler in your life jumps from place to place, packing cubes might be a perfect gift for them. They are not as useful for weekend trips, but if they are more of a long-term traveler, they will definitely appreciate these.

BAGAIL 4 Set/5 Set/6 Set Compression Packing Cubes Travel Accessories Expandable Packing Organizers
$26.99 $24.99
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 07:28 pm GMT
Compression Packing Cube Set 3pcs for Carryon Luggage, Travel Packing Organizers for Luggage/Backpack
$16.98
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 11:24 am GMT
Travel Packing Organizers
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.

Dry Pack

If you know a traveler who loves camping, kayaking, or anything outdoorsy, a dry pack is a terrific gift. I always see people leaving their phones or cameras at home because they are afraid of the water damage. Ease their minds, and buy them a dry pack!

Necklace – Play it safe, and sweet – most girls love necklaces. It’s even more special if it will remind them of a trip. Did you visit Yosemite recently? Buy them a little mountain necklace. Visit the desert recently? Maybe a little cactus necklace. A little reminder of a trip that you can wear everyday is a great gift.

AFFY 14k Gold Over Sterling Silver Two Tone Airplane Pendant Necklace
$41.99
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 07:36 pm GMT
ChicSilver Coin Necklace Sterling Silver Vintage Round Circle Disc Dainty Coin Pendant Necklaces for Women (with Gift Box)
$25.99
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 11:24 am GMT

Weekend Bag

My boyfriend travels a lot for work. Sometimes even just one or two day trips. He used to take his rolling carry-on with him, but it was just too big for what he needed it for. I bought him a nice weekend bag, perfect for those one or two day trips, and he loves it.

Weekender Bag for Women, Travel Duffel Bag Carry On Overnight Bag with Shoe Compartment Large Nylon Travel Weekend Tote Bag
$49.99 $45.59
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 10:17 pm GMT
S-ZONE Weekender Bags for Women Travel Duffel Bags with Shoe Compartment Overnight Carry on Duffle Tote Bag, Black Stripe-XL
$44.99
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 09:04 pm GMT
Leather Travel Bag with Shoe Pouch,Weekender Overnight Bag Waterproof Large Carry On Bag Travel Tote Duffel Bag for Men or Women
$39.9920
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 08:23 pm GMT

Polaroid Camera (and extra film) – I absolutely love my polaroid camera, and I love taking it with me when I travel. Having those instant little memories to take home with me, not to mention they look adorable when displayed.

Fujifilm Instax MINI 7s White Instant Film Camera
$49.95
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 09:48 pm GMT

FUJIFILM Instax Mini Instant Film Value Pack - 60 Photos
$48.89
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 10:16 pm GMT

New luggage – Is your favorite travelers luggage worn down? (Like mine?) I know I would appreciate some new luggage. I bought my boyfriend some new luggage for Christmas last year, and he appreciated it so much. Plus it’s always nice to see the person actually using the gift you got them, and who doesn’t need luggage?

Coolife Luggage 3 Piece Set Suitcase Spinner Hardshell Lightweight TSA Lock (apricot white, 3 piece set(20in24in28in))
$179.99
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 09:48 pm GMT
Amazon Basics Vienna Spinner Suitcase Luggage - Expandable with Wheels - 26.7 Inch, Black
$81.99
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 08:33 pm GMT
American Tourister Stratum XLT Expandable Hardside Luggage with Spinner Wheels, Pink Blush, Checked-Large 28-Inch
$179.99
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 01:57 pm GMT

PacSafe CitySafe Anti Theft Backpack

My CitySafe backpack goes on every single trip of mine. It has so many anti-theft features including waterproof, slash-resistant material and straps, locking systems on each zipper as well as the ability to add additional locks, RFID protection, and a strap that detaches so you can secure it to just about anything. It is the perfect bag for traveling, especially in places that are big on pickpockets.

PacSafe Women's Citysafe CX 17L Anti Theft Backpack-Fits 16 inch Laptop, Black, One Size
$189.95
Buy Now
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
07/15/2024 10:17 pm GMT

GoPro

All the hype around the GoPro is for good reason. It’s small, waterproof, durable, perfect for travel.

GoPro HERO11 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with 5.3K60 Ultra HD Video, 27MP Photos, 1/1.9" Image Sensor, Live Streaming, Webcam, Stabilization
$299.00 $249.00
Buy Now
At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
07/15/2024 08:12 pm GMT

Plane Tickets

Now of course the BEST gift for any traveler is a plane ticket to somewhere fabulous. Most airlines offer gift cards! Or if you know them well, or they have a bucket list like I do, surprise them with tickets to somewhere they’ve always wanted to go.

mixbook

Photo Books

I can’t wait to see my families faces when I give them the Mixbook Photo Books I designed for them. We recently returned from a family trip to Ireland where we got some incredible photos. What better gift than all of those memories bound in a book? Photo books start as low as $11, and go up based on what you want to do with it – they are all customizable! Choose to have it hardcover or softcover, matte or glossy pages, add new pages – make it your own!

mixbook1

Calendars

This was one of my Christmas presents for my boyfriend our first year together. We had taken a trip to California that year, and I turned our photos into a calendar! I loved this gift idea because it was personal, but not too cheesy – it wasn’t a bunch of pictures of us (which I think can be a little too sappy for most men), it was pictures of our memories.

Canvas Prints

Maybe you don’t need a full calendar, maybe you have one amazing photo you want to feature. Give them a beautiful print to remember it by.

Mixbook also offers holiday cards, photo prints, metal prints, acrylic prints, acrylic blocks, and poster prints. And make sure to signup for their e-mail list, where they frequently send out coupons for as much as 50% off! Or click here for $20 off your first order!

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

Choosing a gift for the travel lover in your life can sometimes be a challenge, but I hope this list helps guide you in the right direction. Whether they prefer experiences over possessions, there’s always room for a thoughtful present to put under the tree. So, when it comes to selecting the perfect gift for the traveler in your life, choose something thoughtful and meaningful.
This post is sponsored by Mixbook. All opinions are my own.

This post uses affiliate links, meaning that, at no cost to you, I may earn a commission if you make a purchase through the links on this page.

Sharing this post:

40 thoughts on “Gift Ideas for the Traveler in Your Life

1. It’s a good investment for sure! I’ve had friends and family get cameras, wallets, etc. stolen off them because their bag wasn’t locked or wasn’t rip proof. It’s basically a full-proof travel bag!

1. Aaaand I’ll take all of these please. I mean, I might need a bigger tree to facilitate but I’d be ecstatic with a whole handful of these. Great post!

xx

2. That Flack Sack would be such a great gift for someone who does travelling months at a time. My cousin used to do such a thing, but she’s been slowing down a bit of travelling.

Great list! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

3. Okay there is nothing more that I love than looking back at my past travel diaries! The journals are my fave on this list- so valuable, I have so many! I picture reading them to my kids when I have them and then them to their kids listening to all the family adventures! 😍

4. I’m dying to get a handheld camera but it’s the costs that always give me pause for thought. What’s the photo quality of Polaroid cameras like?

Also I really like the idea of a dry pack and luggage tags! I did my own post on travel gift ideas for Christmas last week and now I wish I included some that are on this list!

Johnny | Johnny’s Traventures

5. Great gift ideas. Items on my wish-list include passport cover (and yes with a ticket to go somewhere LOL), a dry pack, for my new found obsession with snorkelling, and a polaroid camera for that instant memories. I just saw a friend of mine posted on IG of a photo book she did, and it looked really good. I might look into creating one too.

6. I always struggle when choosing gifts for other travelers even though I am one myself. This post gave me so many cool ideas for the upcoming holidays. I’m so glad I came across it!